Wednesday, January 30, 2013

In the Spin Cycle

Now that things are starting to pick up, there is more to report in recent days. Though professional projects have been slow to start, I've been busy with some personal projects. Like I mentioned before, I've been hard at work with some writing assignments.

Two short scripts are near completion and ready for contest submissions. If nothing else comes out of them, I may take a shot a producing them myself. They wouldn't be hard to shoot and would require a small crew and even smaller budget for completion. It might provide a good opportunity to test out some cinematography techniques and new camera equipment.

I have a new lens from Canon's L-Series (which Canon suggests stands for 'Luxury'). Although I haven't had any great opportunities to test it out (the weather hasn't exactly been cooperative), I did have a chance to snap a few photos on the go. Here's an example of one of those images:

Quality test, shot with Canon 35-105mm f/4.0L
I tend to prefer prime (fixed) lenses over zoom lenses, however this lens provided the right kind of versatility I was looking for, in the right price range. Although not as sharp as any prime lens, it still shoots good quality images (better than any consumer Canon lenses). It's lacking when it comes to low-light situations, but that's what you get when the f-stop falls a little short (only f/4, compared to the f/1-2 lenses Canon has available), but I was willing to make that sacrifice, considering most other lenses were out of my price range.

Anyway, enough tech crap. Getting back on track, I plan to have my short scripts finished by the end of the month. Two more short stories are in development and being prepared for writing. I plan on moving rather quickly, when it comes to writing. Hopefully, some publishing opportunities will pop up in the future.

Freelance work is picking up as well. I'll have more details on any upcoming projects. Film premieres for previous projects are happening at a rapid pace. I'll throw in some updates on any films floating around the screening circuits.

I'm still performing some tests with the GoPro Hero 3. If I get anything cool out of the tests, I'll make sure to post something.

Until the next round,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment