Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Real World: One Month Later

I've been meaning to post more on my blog, but I've been very busy as I become more adjusted with life in Pittsburgh. I also haven't had a whole lot of time to work on any major projects, but many short films are on the horizon as I begin the development phase.

I have just finished the treatment for "Self-Censored" (formerly "Sensory Censor"). This was originally meant to be a short story, but I decided to adapt it for film. I plan to begin the script as soon as possible. However, there are other projects that I'm itching to get started, so it may take a bit longer than expected.

Recently, I uploaded my school project: a film called Nihility. I had a lot of fun making this film, since it was my very first fully scripted film, making it a lot easier to direct and a lot more enjoyable to put to together. The film was even featured on the website Nothing But Hope And Passion. I am very happy with this production and plan to take from the process and develop even better independent films in the near future.
I also still have a few projects that are in the post-production stage, including "The Presentation". I'm not sure when I'll get around to finishing these projects, since I have a lot of other things on my plate.

Currently, I am working as a Second Assistant Director with the production company Nickel 17 Productions on a short film project. Production will begin towards the end of June. I am very excited to be a part of this team!   

I have also recently shot my first interview with other members of Healthy Artists! I had a great time working with them and an especially good time speaking with the interviewee. The video should be uploaded within a week. I'll make sure to post a link in my portfolio once it's finished. This will also mark my very first post-graduation production, so I'm very excited to see the final product!

In my spare time I've been preparing short scripts for submission to production companies. I'll make sure to post any completed scripts on my portfolio. Hopefully, I'll be picking up steam with my productions in the next few weeks. I'll keep you posted!

Until next time (which will hopefully be a lot sooner)!

Cheers!
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment