Sunday, August 11, 2013

First Look: 48 Hour Film Project - Pittsburgh



It’s been a few weeks since the 48 Hour Film Project in Pittsburgh ended. I was hoping to get some previews out sooner, but as I mentioned before, I have been very busy with some repair work and have been limited with the resources available to me.



For a first look, I decided to share some screenshots that crept their way onto Facebook. As you can see, we are all very hard at work on the project.




For all of you not familiar with the project, the idea is to produce a short 5-7 minute film and have it completed and edited within 48 hours. We select the genre at random and immediately begin writing the script on the first night, meaning that we have to go into this project with a completely open mind.These kinds of constraints can be challenging, but also provide the opportunity to explore the extents of your filmmaking background and education.


For our project, we selected horror as our genre. For those of you that know me, I’m not too crazy about the horror genre. Thankfully, I had close friends and colleagues to help me with that. Overall, the project turned out looking awesome. I can’t wait to release some promotional stills in the near future!



Currently, we are working on a Director’s Cut, which is in the final stages of editing. More information will come in the future. Thanks for all of your support! Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment