Sunday, September 23, 2012

I Need A Compass

So many things to do, so little...well, you know.

I just thought I'd take a break from my heavy working/filming/writing schedule to update my blog. Much like a month ago, I have many projects in the works, but very little to show for it.

Currently, I'm juggling between two fiction projects, two film projects, and a script that I am finalizing to post on my website (I'll post another update once this is ready). And these are only my own projects.

One more week, and we will be wrapping production on Midem Media's 'One Model Army'. Though we have gone through a couple delays in production, I am fairly pleased with how this is turning out. All the major footage has been shot, with only a few minor details left.

Once this is wrapped, it will take several months in post-production to see the finalized product.

In the meantime, I will soon be crewing up once again for the local senior thesis 'Roses are Red', which will begin production in October. I am excited to work with all of these wonderful local artists, who all seem equally excited and very professional. I expect some strong chemistry with this upcoming production.

With all of these projects still in the works, it seems like it will be a while until I will be getting any new material onto my website (shameless plug).

However, I do have a little something to show: a production that I worked on post-graduation.


Earlier this summer, I had the pleasure of working with a wonderful cast and crew as the 2nd AD on Nickel 17 Production's short film 'Soliloquy'. I was fairly nervous, since this was my first 'real world' production, but I soon felt at home with the chemistry between myself and the talent on the set. It was truthfully a great first experience for someone straight out of college. This production helped me to become a more confident director and team member, which I carried on to future projects and productions. A special thanks to all the cast and crew for showing me the way!

I'll provide any future updates on screenings or other distribution of the film as it becomes available to me.

As I mentioned before, I have several projects in the works. I currently have the first draft of one script done but with much editing left to do. I also have several other writing and film projects still in development that I am excited to reveal. I will start releasing the details as I reach the final stages of developing process.

Hopefully, in the near future, you will be able to witness some my own projects come to life through the medium of film. I hope to have my first film in production by early next year (depending on budgeting concerns).

Until then, I plan on getting lost in as many projects as possible. Helps keep me busy. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cheers!
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment